Monday, February 16, 2009

FW '09- part I

So I've been checking style.com for the latest updates on the shows. First designer I checked out was Alexander Wang, but I've got to say that I was NOT impressed. The only piece from his collection that is worth mentioning is this great black sequined dress. The shoulders are amazing and the all black ensemble is defenitely chic.



Next I looked at Jason Wu, Peter Som and Charlotte Ronson. Jason Wu's collection was pretty but what stood out were his dresses. They were gorgeous. Peter Som's collection was teeny tiny. He played with color and texture and managed to create some works of art (literally they look like canvas paintings...go check it out!) From Charlotte Ronson I really only liked one look. The clothes look pretty wearable though.


Jason Wu #1


Jason Wu #2


Peter Som


Charlotte Ronson


A new favorite is definitely Erin Fetherston. Her collection was impeccable. I want every single piece. The clothes look like they were taken from a fairytale story book. It is a bit crazy but if toned down it is def. wearable. I strongly advice checking out the entire collection.


Erin #1



Erin #2



Erin #3



Erin #4



My favorite looks so far though have been by Yigal Azrouel. It is defenitely wearable and it sticks to my basic clothing guidelines: casual, comfty, chic. Oh and as an added bonus- they are neutral colors!! :D


<3 onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rL4nFG6Cy5w/SZo5x8OEmPI/AAAAAAAAAIg/mUlvRKS2-Is/s1600-h/00150f.jpg">
<33

3 comments:

  1. great picks! thanks for the comment. I just added you! Ill be coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm incredibly inspired by Erin Fetherston right now...it's amazing!!!!

    Oh, and I'm just loving your blog babe. xxx

    ReplyDelete